Brand: American Plant Exchange
Color: Fruit Producing Indoor Air Purifier
- This item DOES NOT SHIP to California
- Monstera deliciosa has one of the most distinctive and enduringly popular leaves in the houseplant world.
- Nicknamed "Swiss Cheese Plant" for the splits and holes that characterize its leaves, this dense vine can grow to immense proportions, with leaves becoming ever more perforated as the plant matures.
- Most 6" plants have leaves that are just beginning to split - your plant may not yet have holes, but should develop them soon! To promote mature leaves, give your Monstera deliciosa plenty of bright, indirect light and provide a support for the plant to climb such as a moss pole or trellis.
- These vibrant houseplants look best in living and dining rooms where your guests can admire them for all their beauty. As an added bonus, they also purify the air!
- seasons: Autumn Winter Spring Summer
Binding: Lawn & Patio
Details: Monstera deliciosa, commonly called split-leaf philodendron, is native to Central America. It is a climbing, evergreen perennial vine that is perhaps most noted for its large perforated leaves on thick plant stems and its long cord-like aerial roots. Indoors it can be grown in the 6-8’ range. Mature leaves of this plant are very large, glossy, deep green and distinctively cut and perforated. Juvenile leaves are small and mostly uncut. Mature plants may produce arum-like flowers with a spadix to 10” surrounded by a white spathe. Flowers give way to an edible fruit that is reminiscent in taste to pineapple-banana. Aerial roots on the lower parts of this plant can be rooted into the soil to help nourish the plant. Aerial roots on the upper parts of the plant can be attached to a moss-like climbing pole or simply removed.
Package Dimensions: 24.0 x 6.0 x 6.0 inches