Brand: Plant! Plant! Plant!
- We are working closely with one of the best nurseries in the north east to grow and bring you Instagram's favorite plant.
- Our large pileas fit in a 6-8" pot, and are well rooted established adult plants that have several substantially sized babies growing beneath their leaves.
Details: We are working closely with one of the best nurseries in the north east to grow and bring you Instagram's favorite plant. Our large pileas fit in a 6-8" pot, and are well rooted established adult plants that have several substantially sized babies growing beneath their leaves.
If you live in New York City, we may deliver the plant in a nursery pot, and we offer same day delivery. If you live outside of NYC, we will ship the plants to you carefully packaged and bare root, so they arrive to you in the best shape possible. At the moment, we can only deliver within the USA, and we ship with heat packs to account for winter weather.
Pilea peperomioides is a native Chinese plant, where a Norwegian missionary found it in the 1940's. When he got home he gave baby plants as gifts, and this pilea's ancestors are now on windowsills all over Norway and a symbol of friendship everywhere. Start this trend among your friends with your pilea - our large size plant has several good sized babies already growing.
Pileas are generally easy to care for - here are our quick tips:
- light: filtered, bright sunlight. your plants should see the sky but not the sun, or have direct sunlight filtered through a shade or curtain.
- pot: we keep our pileas in non-porous (eg. not terra cotta pots) - we love glazed terra cotta or ceramic. that being said, many people have success in terra cotta, you'll just have to water more often.
- soil & food: like most plants, pileas don't like to stay wet. we recommend a fast draining soil-less mix.
- water: a good soaking, once a week. unless in terra cotta, in which case you might consider watering twice a week.