Brand: Lively Root
- Loves Light: Excellent in high light conditions as well as shade, they won’t grow too quickly, but are happy to grow their lily-pad-like leaves outward, off of tall and slender trunks
- Care Instructions: These plants are easy to care for! Easy, resilient, and great for beginners. Allow to dry fully in between watering
- Fun Fact: Take a closer look at the leaves- remind you of a lily pad?
- Pet & Kid Friendly: Great for families and pet owners, the Chinese Money Plant is safe for humans, pets, cats and dogs
- Expert Shipping: Lively Root has created a proprietary shipping box that ensures your plant arrives alive and looking beautiful from day 1
Details: The Pilea Peperomioides originates from China where a Norwegian missionary, Agnar Espegren, found it and brought it to Norway in 1946. Mr. Espegren subsequently travelled widely in Norway and often gave basal shoots of the plant to friends. In this way the plant was effectively distributed around Norway where it is now widespread as a windowsill plant and where it is known as 'The Missionary Plant.'